After trying it out for a few days, here are the “Top Five Reasons Why I Didn’t Like the PS3 MediaBoard”:
1) The keyboard requires a USB dongle to be plugged into the Playstation3 for the keyboard to connect instead of using Bluetooth. Seriously.
2) There are no Select, Start, Triangle, Circle, Square, or X buttons on the keyboard.
3) The keys are mushy like oatmeal when pressed, and offer too much resistance.
4) It looks sexy in photos, but in your hands the plastic feels cheap and creaks.
5) Is more expensive than other wireless keyboards for the PC.
Sadly, there isn’t a “PS3-centric” keyboard with Playstation buttons out there yet. However, if you’re looking for an alternative I would suggest trying out the Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. That’s what I’m using with my PS3, and they work much better for my taste. (The Microsoft setup works best on the PS3, how’s that for irony?)
I wanted to really like this keyboard for the PS3 – in general Logitech makes really good products. Logitech has apparently never used a Playstation3 before however, because if they had they would realize how ill-suited for the job the Mediaboard is.
Sony Playstation 3 Cordless MediaBoard Keyboard by Logitech