DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS WE MAY RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK A LINK AND PURCHASE SOMETHING. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS.
What’s In The Box
- Monster TRON iPod Identity Disc Dock
- Instruction booklet
- AC Adapter (with two-prong Europlug adapter)
- Remote control (battery included)
- iPod Dock Adapters for iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPod Nano 4G/5G, & iPhone 4
- Extremely well-constructed
- Five audio drivers: four 1.5″ drivers and one 3.5″ long-throw woofer
- 80 individually controlled energy efficient LEDs
- TRON application visualizer iPhone app creates advanced lighting effects
- It’s TRON!
- Comes with iPod docks for modern iPod/iPhones plus aux-in via 3.5mm cable (not included)
- Incredible sound
- On-board controls
- Almost like a work of art – nothing else quite like it currently out there
- Current version of the TRON app doesn’t automatically load the application when iPod or iPhone is docked
- Might be pricey for non-TRON fanatics
Flashing blue lights! We LOVE flashing blue lights! In all seriousness, I may not be the most objective person to review the Monster TRON Light Disc Audio Dock. I saw the original “TRON” in the theater as a kid, own a copy of the “TRON” collector’s DVD, reviewed the TRON Xbox 360 controller, the TRON PS3 controller, the TRON Wii Remote, and even the TRON Identity Disc toy. I saw “TRON: Legacy” three times in an XD 3D theater – I guess you could say I have a bit of a TRON addiction. All that being said, I also know a quality product when I lay my grubby little gadget-addicted hands on it, and this Identity Disc dock is unlike anything you’ve ever rested your iPod or iPhone in. It’s got incredible, incredible sound, tons of options for interface, and looks fantastic on any surface you set it on. Oh, and flashing blue lights. Highly recommended!
Monster® TRON iPod Identity Disc Dock (English/French/Spanish) – TRON edition iPod Dock