What’s In The Box
- iPod Nano 6G
- Instruction Booklet & with nifty Apple logo sticker
- iPod USB Sync Cable
- Apple Headphones
- Multi-touch screen interface.
- It’s even smaller than you think it is.
- FM Radio with live pause (15 minutes) function.
- Screen orientation rotates with the twist of two fingers.
- Pedometer, Nike + support, VoiceOver provides voice feedback when text on screen is touched.
- 640×480 video camera with real-time filters that was present in the prior 5G model has been removed.
- No longer supports video playback of movies, TV shows, or music videos. Audio from music videos is transferred only.
- Did we mention the camera & video playback has been removed? Pulled, yanked, no more. Zip, zilch. Adios!
After releasing the iPod Nano 5G with integrated 640×480 video camera we suspect Apple took a hard look at the Nano design and designed the 6G based on two criteria: fashion and exercise. Over the years the Nano has become synonymous with exercise and the new clip-on design is perfect for taking to the gym. Perhaps Apple concluded that consumers who wanted to watch video were probably using the larger screen found on the iPhone or Touch anyway and the “video only” novelty camera seemed like more of an afterthought. I admit that I am probably part of a smaller minority that loved the Nano camera, but I carried it with me everywhere and used it primarily as my “on the spot” video recorder until the iPod Touch 4G was released. While most users will love the new multi-touchscreen interface and smaller form factor we feel removing video playback AND the camera is too much of a feature hit to strongly recommend the new iPod Nano, so we only kinda like it. (P.S. Apple, please put the camera back with all the cool real-time effects! Pretty please?) Full device specifications and features after the jump.
Buy this item: Apple iPod nano 16 GB Graphite (6th Generation) NEWEST MODEL
Size and weight
1.48 inches (37.5 mm)
1.61 inches (40.9 mm)
0.35 inch (8.78 mm)
0.74 ounce (21.1 grams)1
0.614 cu inch (10,056 cu mm)
* 8GB or 16GB flash drive2
* Operating temperature: 32Â° to 95Â° F
(0Â° to 35Â° C)
* Nonoperating temperature: -4Â° to 113Â° F
(-20Â° to 45Â° C)
* Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
* Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
Environmental Status Report
iPod nano embodies Appleâs continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
* Arsenic-free display glass
* Recyclable aluminum enclosure
* Smaller, more compact packaging (45% smaller, 46% lighter)
* 1.54-inch (diagonal) color TFT display
* 240-by-240-pixel resolution
* 220 pixels per inch
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
* Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
* User-configurable maximum volume limit
* Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
* Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
* Impedance: 32 ohms
Battery and power3
* Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
* Up to 24 hours of music playback when fully charged
* Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
o Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
o Full-charge time: about 3 hours
* 29 UI languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
* Song, album, and artist information can also be displayed in Bulgarian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukranian, and Vietnamese. For Arabic and Hebrew language support, some UI elements are not right to left.
External buttons and controls
Input and output
* Dock connector
In the box
* iPod nano
* Apple Earphones
* Dock Connector to USB Cable
* Quick Start guide and Important Product Information
* 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
* VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader
* High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for easier reading in low light
* White on black display
* Mono Audio
* Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later, and iTunes 10 or later4
* PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, or XP Home or Professional (SP3) or later; and iTunes 10 or later4
* Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply